Re: widget size and position

go to:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/ch01.html

and see GtkWidget doc.

every widget reference page includes a
"Object Hierarchy" sections. this means that a
GtkButton and a GtkFixed are also GtkWidgets and
you can cast them (with GTK_WIDGET(obj) ) and use
methods from ancestoral classes.

        -Tristan

PS:
I think gtk_widget_set_usize is depricated so
it should be gtk_widget_set_size_request.
(not sure about the spelling there)

znt fabio virgilio it wrote:

Hi all!

Here it is a newby-question: is it possible to change the size of a widget
to an arbitrary size?

If I understand right I can use a GtkFixed container that let me put the
contained widget to a whatever position.
Is this right?
Can I do the same with the size?

Thanks!