setting the vertical scroll bar position explicitly

Hi All,

 I am new to GTK. I created a small GUI for my project
 which displays operational log messages of my
 device.

  I created a text widget with a vertical scrollbar
and
  it's working fine. But I want one more feature,
  whenever a new message is added at the end  I want
  the scrollbar to move down. (I always want to show
  the latest messages.)

 Can somebody tell me what are the right set of APIs
 for setting or moving the vertical scrollbar down
 explicitly.

 I am looking at set_scroll_adjustment_signal and
 gtk_adjustment_value_changed.

 Thanks in advance,

  --thomas