Re: gtk_init() question

        In UNIX and UNIX like systems all resources
coresponding to a process are freed when the process exits.
... Not that that's any excuse but its a shortcut.

I was stunned at the initialization of gdk-pixbuf; I couldn't
find any code meant to "uninit". This should obviously be
fixed in the recent versions of GTK seeing as they want to
support apps that interface with multiple X servers.

Cheers,
        -Tristan

Razvan wrote:

Sorry about posting so many times :))

I run the code bellow and use libc mtrace facillity:

int main(int argc, char **argv){
     mtrace();

     gtk_init(&argc,&argv);
}

it reports that memory was allocated in gtk_init() and never freed at
programe exit.

I look in docs and there isn't a function oposed to gtk_init() to be
called at program exit.

Is this normal ?

--
Razvan
razvaneduard xnet ro

Xnet scaneaza automat toate mesajele impotriva virusilor folosind RAV AntiVirus.
Xnet automatically scans all messages for viruses using RAV AntiVirus.

Nota: RAV AntiVirus poate sa nu detecteze toti virusii noi sau toate variantele lor. Va rugam sa luati in
considerare ca exista un risc de fiecare data cand deschideti fisiere atasate si ca MobiFon nu este
responsabila pentru nici un prejudiciu cauzat de virusi.
Disclaimer: RAV AntiVirus may not be able to detect all new viruses and variants. Please be aware that
there is a risk involved whenever opening e-mail attachments to your computer and that MobiFon is not
responsible for any damages caused by viruses.