Re: GTK+-2.0.7 released

Maxim Koshelev <max krascoal ru> writes:

Owen Taylor wrote:

GTK+-2.0.7 is now available for download at:

Thant is weird behavior of developers to ignore bug reports even if
their was reported not through bugzilla!
I (as usual user) don't want to post my email in the web and walk
through long procedure of registration and posting bugreport.

We really don't have a problem with not getting enough bug
reports. Really!

Many people are willing to spend the 2 minutes to create an
account and post the bug in bugzilla so it can be tracked.
This is the only way that we can make sure that bug reports
aren't lost. Mailing lists are not bug tracking databases.

Many people are also willing to provide detailed reproduction
instructions and even test cases for their bug reports.
I'm not about spend two days fooling around with GtkToolbar
and GtkImageMenuItem because someone said there was a bug
somewhere in them.

These people get their bugs fixed sooner. Sorry, that's how
it works.

Both of noticed bugs still exist in gtk-2.0.7.

Of course these bugs is
not so criticals as memory leak in TreeModel but they are.
1) Toolbar expose event buggy (toolbar with different states
icon-buttons without text. When gtk redraws only part of toolbar
all non NORMAL buttons look like set of random pixels).
2) <ImageItem> in ItemFactory does not work even in gtktest.c

I spent 30 minutes looking into 2) and _responded_ on
this mailing list reporting the results of my investigation
and didn't get even get a mail reply from you!

Wow...
                                        Owen