RE: Tooltips (or similar) on a drawing area?

On Thu, 30 May 2002 martyn 2 russell bt com wrote:

Im not completely sure if it will work in this case, but you should be able
to do it similarly to how glade does it.  With glade they create a
GtkTooltips and set a tip for each object which is a child of the window,

  I know what GtkTooltips does. The problem is that I don't want a tooltip
for the whole drawing area, but several tooltips for different parts of
the drawing area. That is, when the mouse is over a circle (or a square area
around the circle) in the drawing area, it should popup a tooltip with a
text related to that circle. When the cursor is over another circle (in
the same drawing area), it should popup a tooltip with another text (the one
related to that circle in question).
  If it's not possible with GtkTooltips, then I would like to know an easy
way of doing it by other means.

                                                        - Warp