XLib: unexpected async reply gnome_dialog Hell

Hi all

I have developed an application that talks to two other applications via XML. I have created a GUI using GTK+ to display the responses from the other apps and embedded a timer to send requests. The problem is I developed the app single threaded and then found out that it was too slow. So created a couple of threads to communicate with the other apps and update the screen. I then stuck all the GTK related stuff including gtk_main(); in a separate thread and all my widgets in a structure hidden in a namespace that is accessible to the entire app. In main() I then create all the threads and run em. (Forgive me if this sounds messy but I am still quite new to GTK+ and even newer to multi-threading stuff). Everything seems to run smoothly up until I try to create a message box from one of the threads responsible for messaging. This is when I get the XLib problem. I've tried using gdk_threads_enter() and leave and it hasn't made any difference. Anyone got any ideas??

Cheers

Ian Frawley
Software Development (INAP / CPS)
Opal Telecom