Re: forcing synchronous drawing of widgets

On  0, Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> wrote:

Olivier <olivier lx student wau nl> writes:
How can I check if the image is already drawn on the Xserver before I
continue?

That doesn't work, because various things can cause expose events
which means you will need to redraw again. There's no solution other
than to be sure you wake up the main loop periodically to handle
expose events.

I understand that, and that is not a problem - every time I change the text
in the slpash screen I run the loop.

about the loop b.t.w., will this do the same?:
 while( g_main_context_pending(NULL)) {
         g_main_context_iteration (NULL, TRUE);
 }

thanks,
        Olivier
--
JABBER: obituary wesp wau nl, ICQ UIN: 84067129, IRCnet oli4 (on #bluefish)