Re: writing a text widget with pango

Martyn Plummer <plummer iarc fr> writes:

This would be most welcome. I maintain the GNOME GUI for the R project
(a language for data analysis and graphics http://www.r-project.org ).
Part of the GUI is a graphics device using the GTK+ API, which can be
used to plot graphs.  I want to do simple things like draw axis labels,
titles for graphs, and so on, on a GtkDrawable.  The absence of a simple
draw-string API in GTK+ 2.0 has made this rather more difficult, so
please seriously consider bringing it back.

See, now you're discouraging us though. ;-) There's no reason graph
titles should have broken i18n just to save 5 lines of code... there's
little extra complexity to get that simple case right.

Havoc