Question on Iconify and Deiconify

Hi,

I'm working on a GTK peer set for Java here at Sun. Now I need to implement catching window (de)iconify
events from the GTK layer. I heard that this functionality is available for GTK 2.0, but at this stage I need
to work with GTK 1.2. Looking at the API, I saw the signals map-event and unmap-event, which might be
supersets for these events, but not quite the equivalent. I assume I might need to go to the X layer to catch
these events. We already have to go to the X layer to iconify window
programmatically (using the XIconifyWindow function). I'm looking for any tips that you guys might have.

Thanks,

Indra