Re: gtk2 textview widget popup

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 06:52:02PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
2- In the gtk1 version of the app I'm working on (the Bluefish html
editor) I already had a popup, so I guess the best thing to do is to
extend the already existing popup. But how can I do this? How to interact
with the build in text-view popup?

You can override what the "popup_menu" signal does, and also intercept
button_press_event with button == 3 in order to replace the stock
popup.

There should be a way to merge with the stock popup, but we didn't do
that for 2.0. I think we had some idea that the new menu stuff in 2.4
would provide a sane way to do it.

(As a hack you could probably connect_after to popup_menu and
button_press_event and append to text_view->popup_menu, or something
like that... I guess you can't connect_after to event signals, would
have to use the "event_after" signal or whatever it's called.)

What I use for GtkSpell (see a screenshot of the menu at
http://gtkspell.sf.net) is

        g_signal_connect(G_OBJECT(view), "populate-popup",
                                G_CALLBACK(populate_popup), spell);

This function looks like:
        static void
        populate_popup(GtkTextView *textview, GtkMenu *menu, GtkSpell *spell) {

and I prepend to the menu.

(You'd think this signal was designed to support this functionality or
something! :P)

--
      Evan Martin
martine cs washington edu