Threads management

Hello.

This is my first post to the list, so hello to all. :-)

I'm learning gtk, and I have a little problem with the threads. I'm
writting a basic .wav player. I throw the sound in a thread, doing this:

if (!g_thread_supported()) g_thread_init (NULL);
thread1 = g_thread_create (&play_sound,
                  file_name,
                  FALSE,
                  NULL);

play_sound is, surprisingly, the function that plays the sound.

Well, the problem comes when I try to do something with the sound.
Pausing it, stoping it, closing the aplication...

I've tried things like that:

void close_app (GtkWidget *widget, gpointer data) {
     g_thread_exit (thread1);
     gtk_main_quit ();
}

but it don't works. Can someone help me with that problem?

Thank you very much. :-)

tapia eitig com                 |      c~~p ,---------.
tapia users sourceforge net     | ,---'oo  )           \
cesar garcia tapia hispalinux es|( O O                  )/
http://www.eitig.com            |       \    ,     .   /
http://www.es.gnome.org         |       \\  |-----'|  /
http://lucas.hispalinux.es      |       ||__|    |_|__|