Re: GtkTextView - blank space at the bottom of the window

Philip Bunce <pjb carmel com> writes:
Ok. But how do I know when a user is trying to shrink the window?
The allocate event doesn't get generated until the user releases the
mouse button. Is there another event that I could use to issue a
gtk_widget_set_size_request()?

I didn't mean to do it at shrink time, you want to do this in advance.

I'd just use gtk_widget_set_size_request() on say the text widget,
so the text widget can be shrunk arbitrarily, but the other
widgets in the window can't.

If you want to allow the window itself to get infinitely small then
you'll need to set its default size in addition to the size request
(with gtk_window_set_default_size()), or to leave the default size
autocomputed, you could use gtk_window_set_geometry_hints() (see docs)
to set the min size without affecting the size request.

Havoc