utf8 support for xchat 1.9?

Hi! I'm newbie here :)

I'm using GNOME2 on linux. so I tried xchat 1.9 with gtk2.
xchat now does not have utf8 support never, right?
so millions of utf8 warning scroll over the terminal.

I did a private hack to some line of code, to insert g_locale_to_utf8() for about 6 place.
and I've got a proper main window.

I'm wondering is there a big switch function to turn on native->utf8 of whole gtk widget.
if there is, utf8 patch will be ok the one function.
or, so many line of g_localt_to_utf8() must be necessary.

thanks.