Re: Iconifying windows

"Dr.Peter Rottengatter" <peter rottengatter de> writes:
Just added some code that supplies a pixmap for iconifying my app. When testing it,
I noticed only the main window can be iconified in the first place; the other
windows do not get iconify buttons, and they do no react in any way if I use other
means to tell the WM to iconify it. Still I believe my code does not handle the
main window any different from the others. Why is that, and what do I need to do
to have this capability for the other windows as well ?

Some window managers don't allow iconifying dialog windows.
Often they will iconify the dialog along with the main window.

Anyway, not something you should fix in your app, just a window
manager feature/misfeature that might affect your choice of WM.

Havoc