Re: Illegal Operation.

On Tue, 2002-03-12 at 17:16, David Chao wrote:
Hi,

I wrote a small GTK program. It compiles ok and run fine. However, when I
begin to expand the program by breaking it into multiple source files, it
compiles ok but when run, it terminates with an illegal operation. I tried
to pinpoint the fault location and found that it fails when the call to
gtk_init() was made. This is really very puzzling to me. I then tried to
compile only the original source file alone into a binary (done by
commenting out all the external function calls in the main function), and
run it, it runs fine again. I am sure there must be something very
fundamental and simple that I must have missed. Can anyone suggest a
possible cause?

Im assuming your only calling gtk_init() once?! Just to make sure it
comes back fine, use gtk_init_check(argv,argc)

that returns TRUE/FALSE based on success.  What does it return you?

Martyn

Thanks,
David

PS: I am using GTK+ 1.2.9.