Re: cursor/arrow keys not working in gtkfb

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

I am using gtk+1.3.13 (my vendor has not upgraded to 1.3.15 yet, they
are in "deep freeze" for the next product release).

Anyway, I have written a small app with a single clist in a window.  I
put items in the clist and I can browse the clist perfectly fine with
the cursor/arrow keys using up and down to move up and down the list.
I hit space to select the line in the clist I want.

This works perfectly fine with gtk+-x11-2.0, however if I relink
against the linux-fb version of the library, the arrow/cursor keys
don't work.  The space bar works fine still, but no arrows.

Here is a partial strace of a gtkfb app with my pressing UP, DOWN,
LEFT and RIGHT respectively:

Are you using RAW keyboard mode?

I'm not really doing any GtkFB work right now though, so you're sort of on
your own. It is probably simple to fix though.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a war-weary gay master criminal looking for a cure to the poison coursing
through his veins. She's a chain-smoking gypsy archaeologist living on
borrowed time. They fight crime!