re:Unable to link the helloworld.c

to compile a gtk application, you need to use the following command:

gcc -Wall -o programname helloworld.c `gtk-config --cflags --libs`

take care with the ` sign , it's very significant

greg, brussels, belgium

Hello everybody,

I'm using Redhat 7.2, gtk+ 1.2. I installed gtk+, gtk+-devel, glib-devel
and XFree86-devel packages on my machine. When I compiled and linked the
helloworld.c program which used GTK_OBJECT, ... I got some errors such
as undefined reference to GTK_OBJECT. Maybe I missed some libraries, but
I don't know which they are. Do you?

Best regards.