I need a __CLEAN__ "gtk_window_present()"

Hello again all!
        I've been trying for a while to get a screen to "draw" before actualy
beeing "on screen". I've tried to setup everything possible before my
"gtk_window_present()"
and do something like this:

        gtk_widget_set_sensative( ... ); // to set a bunch of widget states

        // and then some animation frame settings ... bla bla

        while (gtk_events_pending())
                gtk_main_iteration();
        // off the top of my head I'm not sure about the wording
        // but you get the idea

        gtk_window_present( my toplevel )

I need the widgets to all be drawn to an offscreen context before
entering the screen instead of having a half or quarter second
of widgets poping up on the screen.

        Maybe this is a setting to be configured after gtk_init();
I'm not even sure if its at all supported.

If anyone has _any_ ideas please let me know.

Cheers
        -Tristan

PS. Even if it envolves applying patches or pointing
me in the right direction in the source code.
I'm perfectly comfortable with recompiling parts of gdk/gtk