Re: Calling C++ functions

On Wed, 2002-06-26 at 08:28, Shahms E. King wrote:
If you're trying to do C++ things in GTK+ you might want to have a look
at GtkMM (http://www.gtkmm.org). It's a C++ binding for GTK+ that takes
care of a lot of those issues for you.

GtkMM looks nice, but it seems like an additional item that is not
included in my Linux distro RedHat 7.3.

Whether it will be in future RedHat releases?

It also seems like I may have to compile and install or use a general
RPM not specific to my distro.

None of these are to major since the app is for internal use only and I
can probably hang with installing it on the needed machines.

But in the end will it be worth it. Does GtkMM keep up with the GTK API
development, and what kind of overhead will it add to my apps if any?

The code of GtkMM is very pretty, and looks like I will end up writing
less, which is a good thing, I think.

Although I am wondering it attempting to use it with my distro will
cause further issues to arise?

Is anyone using GtkMM on a RedHat 7.x distro, and have you had any
problems I should be aware of?

--
Sincerely,
William L. Thomson Jr.