GtkTreeView drag and drop

hi,

I'd like to use the default drag on drop handlers for GtkTreeView with gtk_tree_view_enable_model_drag_dest(). The motion handler draws boxes around nodes in the view but also lines in between nodes. I'd like to set it so that it only draws the boxes and not the lines. In other words I'd like to restrict drop targets to existing nodes and not allow dropping in between nodes. Is this possible and if so, what do I need to do?

thanks in advance,
  sean