Glade extra code?

One of the things I have never liked about tools like Glade is all the
extra code it writes.

Is it really necessary? It has way more code to do the same thing, that
what I have seen so far. So I am just seeing bad examples, or code that
is not as universal as the Glade code?

I assume the Glade code will make up for differences in font size, and
etc. that can change when the use changes themes, font sizes, etc. Which
would be one reason to stick with the Glade code. But I have not had
luck getting the Glade code to compile, and really do not know where to
begin to track down why. It uses automake, which I am not familiar with.
I am still getting used to plain old make.

Also I am still trying to decide between C or C++.

I like some of the syntax of C++, but do not like it's mangling feature,
that is a must for operator overloading, something I will most likely be
doing. But I do like the idea behind classes, coming from Java and all.

Although I have noticed that GTK+ 1.2 & 2.0 seem to be C.

I know this is the time old debate, but are most new gui apps being
developed using C++ or C.

At the moment I seem to be doing a hybrid, C/C++ app, that I am
compiling as C++, for obvious reasons.

One thing I would like to take advantage of is .so, dynamic libraries.

I assume most gui apps use dl's in one way or another. Or is that
personal preference as well, like the C/C++ thing.

So many choices. :)

--
Sincerely,
William L. Thomson Jr.