Attaching data to nodes in a GtkTreeView

Hi. I've been playing around with the GtkTreeView widget for a while now, and I was wondering if there was a way to attach data to individual nodes. I'm createing a tree using gtk_tree_store_append & gtk_tree_store_set, and so far, I haven't been able to find a way to attach a particular piece of data that will not be displayed in the list (a data struct for example) to the trees nodes.

What I'm after is to be able to (when a row is selected) find a particular piece of data that I set upon creating that row/node.

I hope this makes sense

TY in advance

Micah
micahgalizia rogers com