gtk_window_set_transient_for gets mad !

Hi,

I have some problems with the gtk_window_set_transient_for.
I use the 1.2.10 version of GTK.

Here is my sample code, in order to test, reduced to :

{
 GtkWidget* ask_window;

 ask_window = gtk_window_new(GTK_WINDOW_DIALOG);
gtk_window_set_transient_for(GTK_WINDOW(ask_window), GTK_WINDOW(main_window));
 gtk_widget_show_all(GTK_WIDGET(ask_window));
}

main_window is a global variable used to keep track of my main window.

The problem is the gtk_window_set_transient_for function has no effect here. What is surprising, is that switching the 2 parameters of this function has an effect ! main_window always stays above ask_window ! :((((

Does anybody have an idea about where comes the problem from knowing that the main_window variable contains what it is expected to, since I can change the name of the window within this function.

Thank you.

Nicodeine careful freesurf fr

PS : sorry for my french school english.