Re: keybinding conflicts

Evan Martin wrote:

I have a window with a menu with a "New" menu item.  It looks like GTK
maps this to the accelerator Control+N right around line 307 in
gtkstock.c.

The window also contains a GtkTextView.  I just had a complaint from a
user that Ctrl+P works to go backwards, but Ctrl+N doesn't go forwards--
it instead hits the menu item.

How should I resolve this?  Can I disable that accelerator somehow?
Is that a good idea?  Any UI people around here?

Hmm... I dunno what Owen's idea is on how this is meant to work, but I
would agree that from a usability perspective, the accelerators for the
currently-focused widget (in this case, the text view) probably ought to
take priority over the menu bar, if possible.

Cheeri,
Calum.