gtk_text_view_get_visible_rect

Dear Sirs,

It seems the only way to get the visible area of the textview is the
gtk_text_view_get_visible_rect function. I don't quite understand the
GdkRectangle it returns and since it is not documented would someone be
so kind to tell what the values returned means.

My goal is to get GtkTextIter's of the viewable area ... just as
gtk_text_buffer_get_bounds gives me GtkTextIter's of the whole buffer.

Thank you for your patience,
--
Janus Nørgaard Tøndering
email: j nus person dk or u011014 daimi au dk

"Would you buy a car with the hood welded shut?"
-Phil Hughes, Linux Journal Magazine