Re: can't find gtk+2

 Check the config.log file that is generated -- check the last lines and see
what program it tried to compile and replicate the same command it issued to
build the program.-- ( i.e. copy and pasted the little program it generates to
a file -- and cut and paste the compilation command on that -- take it from
there.

  Hope this helps.
Harring

--- Martin Muellenberg <MartinMue gmx net> wrote:
hi all

I want to develop a gtk+2-app, but

      ./configure

says:
      marmll linux:~/praktikum/mende/progs/gtkvoice2-0.0.1> ./configure
      checking for mawk... no
      checking for gawk... gawk
      checking for gcc... gcc
      checking for executable suffix...
      checking for object suffix... o
      checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
      checking dependency style of gcc... gcc
      checking whether ln -s works... yes
      checking for ANSI C header files... yes
      checking for stdlib.h... yes
      checking for string.h... yes
      checking for ctype.h... yes
      checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
      checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.0.0... no
      *** Could not run GTK+ test program, checking why...
      *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for
the
      *** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK+ is incorrectly
installed.
      configure: error: Can't find GTK+-2.0
      marmll linux:~/praktikum/mende/progs/gtkvoice2-0.0.1>

I have installed:
      glib2-2.0.4-1.rpm
      glib2-devel-2.0.4-1.rpm
      atk-1.0.2-15.rpm
      pango-1.0.3-1.rpm
      gtk2-2.0.5-2.rpm
      gtk2-engines-1.9.0-8.rpm
      gtk2-devel-2.0.5-2.rpm
      pkg-config-0.12.0

After installing this packages I ran ldconfig.

thanks for help
marmll