Displaying only some rows in a GtkListStore

Hello,

My application has a GtkListStore with two columns, both G_TYPE_STRING.
The GtkListStore is displayed using a GtkTreeView widget.

What I want to do is only display rows in the GtkListStore where the
string value in column one matches a particular string, ie show only
rows where value in column one == "keith".

I'm thinking along the lines of creating a second GtkListStore and
copying rows that match into the second GtkListStore and displaying only
that data, but this strikes me as very inefficient.  Does anyone have
any better ideas?

Many thanks,

Keith.