gdk_draw_arc

Hello,

        I am using gdk_draw_arc, and I am having no problems using it as long
as the arc is not too small.  However, if the size of the arc is too
small, then the arc will draw a huge circle rather than a tiny arc.
the threshold at which this occurs is dependent upon the radius of the
circle (the threshold decreases as the radius increases) Is this a known
bug, or am I somehow confusing gdk?  Has anyone else encountered this
before, and does anyone know how to fix this?

thanks!
-Ron Roth