GTK and XML Question

I am wanting to use the dynamic loading of XML to create my user interfaces for GTK on the fly.  One thing I
want to do is edit screens, similar to what Glade does, and save them to an XML file.  Is there any libraries
that support this?  Should I rip apart pieces of Glade to do this?

I want to make an HMI package and it seems to me that the XML creation of interfaces would be great.  Of
course it would be dumbed down slightly so that it would only link to functions defined by the HMI package.

Any sugestions?

Thanks,
Frank