Re: Showing the value in a GtkTreeViewColumn depending on a condition

On 01 Jul 2002 14:13:39 -0700 "Shahms E. King" <shahms shahms com>
wrote:

Hi Shams,

You don't do it on a per-column basis, but on a per-render basis and
there are a number of ways to do that. The easiest and most

"easy" sounds good =)

straightforward is to have a column in your GtkTreeStore (assuming
you're using this and not writing your own) something along the lines
of"IS_ROOT" with a type of G_TYPE_BOOLEAN that you assign to the
"visible" property of the GtkCellRenderer you want to hide.  Then,

Ok, how do I realise this assignment? I understand this assignment must be "dynamic", so the value get's
updated as soon as the boolean value from my control column (IS_ROOT) is updated.

The only way of getting the value in column X that comes to my mind is get_tree_model_get() which obviously
won't work.

Regards,
Tilman

--