gtk_signal_emit_by_name ()

Hi,

As I saw at the GTK+ 1.2 API, gtk_signal_emit_by_name() sends a signal to the widget, causing this to execute
the default and the user handlers.
I'm using a togglebutton to show a window, and when this is closed, the button should turn off. I was trying
to handle delete-event at this window and in this handle I was just calling gtk_signal_emit_by_name (button,
"toggled", button).
(button is casted from GtkWidget to GtkObject with GTK_OBJECT()) and return TRUE, to gtk+ doesn't erase my
window.
What I noticed is that I click on the WM close button, and nothing happen.. the delete-event handler is
called, the gtk_signal_emit_by_name() is called, but no signal is propagated.
Do you have any idea why this is ocurring?

Thanks for helping!
--
Marcelo R Leitner <mrl netbank com br>
ICQ #: 29966851