Re: Problem with changing cursor

On 26 Jan 2002, Havoc Pennington wrote:

G Hasse <gh raditex se> writes:

I try to set a cursor for my window.

  new_cursor = gdk_cursor_new( GDK_HAND2 );
  gdk_window_set_cursor( window , new_cursor );
  gdk_cursor_destroy( new_cursor );

but this don't seem to work. What puzzel me is that
it should be quite simple, and yet...

What is interfering?

Are you sure window is non-NULL and a GdkWindow? (not GtkWindow)

Hm... I did not know it had to be a GdkWindow. I dit put a
GdkDrawable *drawable inside my application and in this window
the cursor was changed. So that was the problem. But how do I change
my applicaton so I have a new cursor all the time.

The thing is that I am building an "embedded" application that shall
run on a panel pc and I don't whant the window-manager at all. So I
get X Windows ordinary cursor (an X type cursor) and I want to change
this into an arrow.

GH

Does window belong to a widget that sets the cursor itself, like the
text widget?

Havoc