enable/disable button

hiho,

I want to enable or disable a button, depending on if there is an entry selected in a clist. Initially I disable the global GtkWidget btn_connect vis gtk_widget_set_state(btn_connect, GTK_STATE_INSENSITIV), then I have a callback func, which is called on a "select_row" of my list, It uses gtk_widget_set_state(btn_connect, GTK_STATE_NORMAL);, but the button is not enabled, but remains disabled. Could someone tell me what is wrong? Are there complete differend functions for my intentions?

THX, TIM