connect_after, key_press_event, Nautilus

In Nautilus, we have an signal handler for key_press_event. Under gtk 1.4,
we used gtk_signal_connect_full and made the actual handler be the
marshaller, so we could connect after and inspect the return value that was
going to be returned to the caller.

Is there a corresponding feature in the new glib signal handler functions? I
can do a connect_after, but how can I tell what the return value is?

If the answer is no, does anyone have some ideas for alternate
implementations? The source file in question is nautilus-location-bar.c.

    -- Darin