retrieving a signal

I'd like to get the signal responding to a particular event for a
particular widget, something like this:

  GtkSignalFunc func;
  func = signal_func_fetch (GTK_OBJECT (clist), "select_row");

After that, I'd connect the same signal to a new widget.

Is there an easy way to do this?  Can I dig out out of
the list returned by GTK_OBJECT_SIGNALS?

Debby

--
Deborah Swayne                      AT&T Labs - Research
dfs research att com                Shannon Laboratory, Room B295