ComboBoxes

Hi all,

I'm new to GTK+ programming and I'm experiencing some problems with comboboxes..
First of all, which signal should I use to detect only user changes?
I'm using actived in the entry component.. but it seems to occur twice a click, and I can't have 2 signals
each time becose this signal will make mysql querys.. Is there something that I can do that makes me receive
only one signal?

Second, when I leave the option pressed up my decision in the combo list, the signals are flooded, they don't
stop arriving until I click.. could this be connected to the first problem? What can I do to only receive the
signal after the click release?

Thanks for helping,
--
Marcelo R Leitner <mrl netbank com br>