Events in 2.0

While trying to port our app from 1.2 to 2.0, I found that I no longer get certain signals.  For example, I used to say:

gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT(window), "delete-event", f, CONST_DELETE);
gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT(window), "size-allocate", f, CONST_DELETE);

but now in 2.0 I don't get these signals.
Also, the doc is kind of slim on the new g_signal_* functions; anyone knows of an easy path to transition to those?