Re: Re: gtk+ and MPI

Hmmm,

Well in my particular case only the "head node" wants or needs a GUI ....

Could you do the GTK+ initialization after the MPI initialization and
within a if block as follows:

int main (int argc, char *argv[ ] )
{

MPI_Init(&argc, &argv);
MPI_Comm_size( ...);
MPI_Comm_rank ( ... );

if (my_node == 0)
{
        gtk_init (&argc, &argv);
        /* other initialization stuff */
        gtk_main()
}

/* rest of code */

}

cheers,
Jim Parker

Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 16:40:03 +0000
To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
From: Stewart Adcock <stewart bellatrix pcl ox ac uk>
Sender: gtk-app-devel-list-admin gnome org
Subject: Re: gtk+ and MPI

Hi,

Havoc Pennington wrote:
 > Just call MPI_init() after gtk_init(), gtk_init() removes the
 > arguments it understands but leaves other arguments unmodified.

Calling MPI_Init() before gtk_init() will almost certianly work too,
subject to the exact implementation of MPI.  (And this is much more
convenient when only one process needs the GUI).  I have such an
application, and it works fine with all the versions of MPI that I've
tried.

LAM/MPI definitely ignores the arguments anyway.

Stewart.