gtk_widget_show() and progress updating

Hello,
I sent a mail about this earlier but I think I didn't make it clear what my
problem is.

I have a progress bar set in activity mode, and I update it while I fill a
gtk_list_store with data, About 10,000 Lines.

That works, but when I call gtk_widget_show_all(Window) It takes gtk+ a
while(about 1 minute) to show the list.  And while gtk shows the list my
progress bar doesn't update.

Option 1: How would I get the progress bar to update while the program is in
the gtk_widget_show_all() function?
Option 2: How can I make a show_all() function to add support to update my
progress bar?
Option 3: Could I use a timeout to have my progress bar updated while the
program is in the gtk_widget_show_all() function?
Option 4: How can I manually show each row of the gtk_list_store, so that I
could update my progress bar after showing each row?

I hope that is more clear on my problem.

thanks,
mjaz