Re: Improving cross compilation

Michael Taht <mtaht mvista com> writes:

Is there room on the schedule for the next release to improve cross
compilation for all the gtk related libraries, notably pkg-config?

If you mean, by next release, the GTK+-2.4 release, sure, if
someone wants to do the work and submits patches.

I think for pkg-config, the main thing would simply be figuring
out how it should work. A fairly obvious possibility would
to:

 A) make pkg-config support --target in it's configure to
    install prefixed by $(host_alias)

 B) Make PKG_CHECK_MODULES look for the $(host_alias) prefixed
    pkg-config.

That seems sufficient to me ... it requires multiple installations
of pkg-config, but you have to install multiple copies of
everything else anyways.

Regards,
                                             Owen