GnomeCanvas

Hi,

I am coding a program using GTK2.0. Up until now, I have been using a GtkDrawingArea, with a pixbuf on it.

I am considering changing to the use of a GnomeCanvas, since it appears to allow relatively easy scaling. I have the API reference, but it does not really explain how the whole thing hangs together. Can I do the following?

1. Display a GdkPixbuf on a GnomeCanvas, whilst still retaining the ability to poke directly at the pixel data within the pixbuf.

2. Zoom the canvas with gnome_canvas_set_pixels_per_unit(), and see the pixbuf on the canvas scale as a result (This would simply scale the rendered view of the pixbuf. The pixbuf data itself would be unchanged)

I would also like to know how to actually add a pixbuf to the gnomecanvas in the first place. For instance, do I have to use a GnomeCanvasGroup? Is there a code sample I can look at or a tutorial for the GTK2.0 GnomeCanvas I can follow? The scribble app in the GTK tutorial uses the drawing area.

Alternatively, if anyone can tell me how to scale a drawingarea and its contents I can stick with my current code base. I cant see anything about this in the drawingarea documentation.

Best regards,

Chris.