Re: GtkTextView/GtkTextBuffer

On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 06:04:50PM +0000, Azrael wrote:
Pressing enter in GtkTextView starts a new line, it's a multi-line
control. The single-line control with an activate signal is GtkEntry.

In that case how do I get an input box that visually takes up more than
one line, but that responds to an enter key?
i.e. Like the input part of gaim's chat window.
I assumed this was a GtkTextView

In order to figure out what signals you have available to you for a
particular widget class, you have to travel up the hierarchy until you
find an appropriate signal.

If we do this for GtkTextView, the closest thing that seems to meet your
needs is key-press-event and key-release-event found in GtkWidget.

--jkl