clist event question

my screen:

GtkWindow
--- GtkLayout
      --- GtkClist

Question 1:  When I do double-click on a row in the GtkClist, I got 3
"select_row" events: single-click, then double-click, the another
single-click, anybody can explain this to me?

Question 2: It seems that the "button_press_event" happens on the
GtkClist first, then propagates to the GtkLayout, and then to the
GtkWindow. Is there a way to stop propagating this event to it's parent
container(like GtkLayout,GtkWindow) while still allow the event
propagates to the "select_row" event handler?

Thanks

Yanxin