Re: tRANSPARENT WIDGETS...

        I know that this sugestion is less
than explanitory and I won't try to sound like
I know what I'm talking about here but here goes:

        use engine pixmap
(I believe this is implemented by the
package `gdk-pixbuf' but again; I'm
not sure)

your gtkrc looks a little different
eg. this is a style:

style "button"
{
        engine "pixmap"
        {
                image
                {
                        function                = BOX
                        recolorable             = TRUE
                        state                   = NORMAL
                        detail                  = "buttondefault"
                        shadow                  = IN
                        file                    = "default.jpg"
                        border                  = { 0, 0, 0, 0 }
                        stretch                 = TRUE
                }
                image
                {
                        function                = BOX
                        recolorable             = TRUE
                        state                   = NORMAL
                        shadow                  = OUT
                        file                    = "default.jpg"
                        border                  = { 0, 0, 0, 0 }
                        stretch                 = TRUE
                }
                image
                {
                        function                = BOX
                        recolorable             = TRUE
                        state                   = PRELIGHT
                        shadow                  = OUT
                        file                    = "default.jpg"
                        border                  = { 0, 0, 0, 0 }
                        stretch                 = TRUE
                }
                image
                {
                        function                = BOX
                        recolorable             = TRUE
                        state                   = NORMAL
                        shadow                  = IN
                        file                    = "default.jpg"
                        border                  = { 0, 0, 0, 0 }
                        stretch                 = TRUE
                }
                image
                {
                        function                = BOX
                        recolorable             = TRUE
                        state                   = INSENSITIVE
                        shadow                  = IN
                        file                    = "disabled.jpg"
                        border                  = { 0, 0, 0, 0 }
                        stretch                 = TRUE
                }
                image
                {
                        function                = BOX
                        recolorable             = TRUE
                        state                   = INSENSITIVE
                        shadow                  = OUT
                        file                    = "disabled.jpg"
                        border                  = { 0, 0, 0, 0 }
                        stretch                 = TRUE
                }
                image
                {
                        function                = BOX
                        recolorable             = TRUE
                        state                   = SELECTED
                        shadow                  = IN
                        file                    = "default.jpg"
                        border                  = { 0, 0, 0, 0 }
                        stretch                 = TRUE
                }
                image
                {
                        function                = BOX
                        recolorable             = TRUE
                        state                   = ACTIVE
                        shadow                  = IN
                        file                    = "downstate.jpg"
                        border                  = { 0, 0, 0, 0 }
                        stretch                 = TRUE

        I wish I knew more about this off-hand but I dont.
I hope at least this will point you in the right direction
and you'll find the right documentation.

and again; this will ensure you TRANSPERENCY not
nescisarily ALPHA-CHANNELING. I have seen gdk-pixbuf
example code for live alphachanneling but never got around
to trying it.

Cheers,
                -Tristan

Mario Lopez wrote:

HI ALL....

I WANT TO MAKE AN APPLICATION THAT HAVE SOME WIDGETS THAT APPEAR TRANSPARENT

IF SOMEBODY KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THAT.... YOUR COMMENTS ARE SO APRECIATED
!!!!

THANKS...