Re: Multiple threads: one interface

On 9 Dec 2002, David Smith wrote:

I've narrowed the problem down to the fact that I am calling
gtk_widget_draw, which appears to be colliding with gtk_main somehow.
I've surrounded the call with gdk_threads_enter() and
gdk_threads_leave(), but I still get xlib errors (unexpected async
reply). Anyone know how I can safely refresh a gtk_tree_view from a
thread?

The use of threads is not necessary at all.

Register a callback to be ececuted every second to do the
cleanup.

callbackFunction( prtToUserData )
{
   /* do cleanup ... and keep i snappy! */
}

gtk_timeout_add( 1000, (GtkFunction) callbackFunction , ptrToUserData );

Take a look at the radar receiver interface at
http://www.microdata.se/swdemo.htm thar we have written.

It is possible to write snappy userinterface without using threads.

GH

Göran Hasse            email: gh raditex se     Tel: 08-6949270
Raditex AB             http://www.raditex.se    Fax: 08-4420570
Sickla Alle 7, 1tr                              Mob: 070-5530148
131 34  NACKA, SWEDEN