Re: GtkOptionMenu

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 11:54:54PM +0100, Filippo Rusconi wrote:
But what if the user starts with clicking onto the GtkOptionMenu
widget and then renounces the operation? He/She would leave the menu
that had popped up upon clicking in the GtkOptionMenu in the first
place, the focus would disappear from any of the menu items and the
user would think "ok, I can release the mouse button, because I'm sure
no action is taken: no menu item is selected".

It seems that this is not true: even if a user releases the mouse
button away from the GtkOptionMenu->menu widget (no item is selected
in the popped up menu), the "change" signal is emitted... How can I
make sure that no signal is emitted when the user sort of cancels the
GtkOptionMenu operation by leaving the widget alone and releasing the
mouse button away from it? Or is there any method to mimick this?

If they release the mouse button without selecting anything, then the
widget isn't actually changed, as best I can tell from trying it.
i.e. the same item is still selected.

If the "changed" signal is emitted and nothing has actually changed,
it's probably a bug, but easy enough to work around.

Havoc