Re: Finding help files

Hi satya,

It didn't make any difference, according to strace.  Gnome looks in
various subdirectories of /usr/local/share/gnome/help : en_US, en, and C.
It never checks <PACKAGE>.

Also, I've implemented your suggestion, and now DATADIR is defined to
be "/usr/local/share".

Thanks,

Alban

Forgot to add certain things :(
Change the program_init ( ) to
program = gnome_program_init(PACKAGE, VERSION,
LIBGNOMEUI_MODULE,
argc, argv,
GNOME_PARAM_POPT_TABLE, options,
GNOME_PARAM_APP_DATADIR,DATADIR, NULL);

regds
satya

Satyajit Kanungo wrote:

Hi,
the steps you have done are okay. Make sure the PACKAGE
name you are passing in gnome_programme_init is same as the
dir name your help files are in ( in /usr/local/share/gnome) .

I guess your Makefile is missing the "datadir" . Add
the following line (in INCLUDES ) in your Makfile.am

-DDATADIR=\""$(datadir)"\".

Hope this will solve your Issue, else let me know .

regds
Satyajit

Alban Deniz wrote:

Hello,

I need help configuring my application to find help files. The
application
looks in "/usr/local/share/gnome/help/C" (according to strace). GTK is
installed in "/usr/local". How can I get it to look in
"/usr/local/share/gnome/help/<PACKAGE>/C" ? I would appreciate any
pointers
to documentation (I've looked in Havoc's book, the installed html files,
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/tutorials/helpsys.html, and the code).

I am using gnome 2.01.

I initialize the program as follows:

program = gnome_program_init(PACKAGE, VERSION,
LIBGNOMEUI_MODULE,
argc, argv,
GNOME_PARAM_POPT_TABLE, options,
GNOME_PROGRAM_STANDARD_PROPERTIES, NULL);

topWindow = gnome_app_new(PACKAGE, _(PACKAGE_NAME));

and create a help menu entry as follows:

static GnomeUIInfo helpMenu [] = {
GNOMEUIINFO_HELP(PACKAGE),
GNOMEUIINFO_END
};

static GnomeUIInfo fullMenu [] = {
GNOMEUIINFO_MENU_HELP_TREE(helpMenu),
GNOMEUIINFO_END
};

gnome_app_create_menus_with_data(GNOME_APP(topWindow), fullMenu, data);

Thanks,
Alban