Finding help files

Hello,

I need help configuring my application to find help files.  The application
looks in "/usr/local/share/gnome/help/C" (according to strace).  GTK is
installed in "/usr/local".  How can I get it to look in
"/usr/local/share/gnome/help/<PACKAGE>/C" ?  I would appreciate any pointers
to documentation (I've looked in Havoc's book, the installed html files,
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/tutorials/helpsys.html, and the code).

I am using gnome 2.01.

I initialize the program as follows:

  program = gnome_program_init(PACKAGE, VERSION,
                               LIBGNOMEUI_MODULE,
                               argc, argv,
                               GNOME_PARAM_POPT_TABLE, options,
                               GNOME_PROGRAM_STANDARD_PROPERTIES, NULL);

  topWindow = gnome_app_new(PACKAGE, _(PACKAGE_NAME));

and create a help menu entry as follows:

  static GnomeUIInfo helpMenu [] = {
    GNOMEUIINFO_HELP(PACKAGE),
    GNOMEUIINFO_END
  };

  static GnomeUIInfo fullMenu [] = {
    GNOMEUIINFO_MENU_HELP_TREE(helpMenu),
    GNOMEUIINFO_END
  };

  gnome_app_create_menus_with_data(GNOME_APP(topWindow), fullMenu, data);

Thanks,
Alban