Re: Tree cursor problems

On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 18:05, Erik Simonsen wrote:
Is there any way (without editing the source) to prevent a treeview or clist
widget from changing the selected row when the cursor is moved?  I can cheat
it by holding control, but that makes it very difficult to make multiple
selections when you have only one hand :)

Hmm... the GNOME 2.0 keynav spec suggested that in multi-selection lists
and trees, unmodified arrow keys should move focus only, and Ctrl+Space
should add to the existing selection. (Ctrl+Space is still potentially
troublesome with one hand, admittedly, but probably not as difficult as
Ctrl+arrowkeys.)  Unfortunately, the first part of that particular
recommendation wasn't adopted.

Ideally, there is something I can set (even in an rc file) that would change
the behavior to how it was in 1.2.

I don't think there is, no.

Cheeri,
Calum.