Re: widget packing question

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 12:54:29 -0400 (EDT) drl22 cornell edu wrote:

I want the drawing area to expand but NOT to fill in both directions.
Basically I want it to be centered on the enclosing container, without
automatically resizing.

What's the best way to do this?  I also was wondering how I can know
when the available space for the drawing area changes, without
automatically resizing it.  Could I do this by connecting the
"size_allocate" signal to the left vbox?

I think you need a table, where you set the cell size to constant, and
then leave some cells emty around your drawing area.

regards,
        Olivier